This free online tool shows you the basic information about various file types.
Note: This tool is completely client-based and all processing is done on your device. That means your files are not transferred to the server.
What Can I Use This Tool For
You can get some quick basic information about hundreds of textual and binary file types. For example:
- You can quickly get the mime type of your file
- Check basic image properties of various image formats
- Find the encoding of your files
- Find often used extensions for some of the file types
- Get ABI and platform from elf .so libraries
- Get file size in human readable format
- Get .pdf version
Other Useful Tools
If you want to get detailed information about Android's APK files, check out my APK Analyzer tool.
Additionally, if you you're an Android enthusiast that likes to learn more about Android internals, I highly recommend to check out the Bugjager app. It allows you to connect 2 Android devices through USB OTG and perform many of the tasks that are normally only accessible from a developer machine via ADB directly from Android phone/tablet.